ONE DAY NEW YORK MASTER CLASS
with Herman Chaves
Goal: To empower you and relieve the fear and anxiety that happens around auditioning, while also training you to break down scripts like a pro and to OWN your audition process.
Do you get so uptight or tense before and audition that you can't think straight?
Are you scared or worried that you might forget your lines?
Do you become so tense to perform your scene because you worry about embarrassing yourself?
Do you care too much about the approval or validation of the casting director?
It does NOT have to be that way.
Many actors experience feelings of audition anxiety. Audition anxiety is the number one obstacle to a relaxed, effortless, confident read, a quality that you must have to lock in on your reader and enter the fun zone!
Yes it is possible and I will show you in this one day master intensive how you can have this.
Let's work together on implementing and applying a powerful pre-game mental strategy, so you can affect the reader, causing them to have an experience and allowing your truth to play full out, unapologetically. In one day, you can have total clarity and relief on how to overcome the mental game that is stopping you from booking the room every time.
I am bi-coastal working actor and professional coach Herman Chaves, and you will walk away from this day with the following:
- The Mental blueprint: A SOLID UNDERSTANDING OF HOW TO WIN THE MENTAL GAME OF AUDITIONING AND BOOK THE JOB AND THE ROOM. Herman bases his teachings on, psychology, sports psychology and years of experience and interviews with top actors, casting directors and directors, as well as his own personal experience out in the trenches.
- Script Analysis: HOW TO ATTACK TV & FILM SCRIPT LIKE A STREET FIGHTER. WE GO FOR THE JUGULAR. THERE'S NO TIME TO INDULGE IN WEEKS OF SCRIPT BREAKDOWN. LEARN THE FAST, LASER SHARP WAY THE PROS DO IT.
- YOU WILL EXECUTE YOUR CHOICES WITHOUT DOUBT - every actor works.
- A FREE HANDOUT OF "THE GAME BOOK", which covers even more in depth what you will learn on this day. No need to take notes in this class. We give them to you to take home so you can focus.
- Hear from the Casting Director's and Director's mouth what their pet peeves are, and what they REALLY want from you in the room. Pre-recorded audio.
- PROFESSIONALLY RECORDED HD video and audio of your final take to use on your reel if you like.
Q: How is this different from other Audition Classes?
A: We are being respect of your time and money, so we address only the indispensable, primary needs that you must have out in the real world when you are auditioning for film and TV. There is NO FLUFF in this Master Class. We hit hard, pull down the barriers and show you how to:
- Own every audition in your own way
- Understand and own what is applicable in a real world situation
- Arrive with the correct mindset to approach an audition like a street fight - your life is on the line and you are there to AFFECT THE READER.
- Learn how to quickly assess your sides and make choices
- Learn how to EXECUTE that assessment
No fillers, no fluff
Structure of the day - 11am - 5pm
Each actor will arrive at their appointed time - just like a real audition - with the sides you've been sent in advance. You will "audition" on camera and we will record your first take.
We will read and discuss The Mental Game of Auditioning Manual - a handout that specifically breaks down and clarifies the types of Fears and Anxieties an actor might be confronted with, AND how to overcome them before the audition. This Manual is yours to keep for reference.
The Class will watch a video that shows how fear affects performance in any field AND how it is the origin of giving a Bad Audition - Auditions are 90% mental!
Applying what we get from The Manual and video, we will transition to the reader/actor contact exercise. It's not enough to just understand all of this intellectually. We must get on our feet and experience - simulate - the bodily sensations, nerves, breathing, avoidance, etc that come up when you are in front of the casting director, or reader. This is called AFFECTING THE READER - your only job. THIS work is where you really begin to see your own true potential as an auditioning actor. Your RAW God-given talent starts to shows up, Because an actor's best work is only expressed when he or she believes they are safe in the room, while connected to the reader.
Now, we will PROFESSIONALLY record your assigned scene again with whatever adjustments Herman gives you.
We will watch playbacks of first and last takes.
- BONUS: Hear prerecorded audio comments from casting directors regarding not only the business, but their "pet peeves" with actors.
- Q&A - please bring lots of questions
Still have questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited to 10 Actors,
After you've made your payment, please email your picture & resume to:
so that I can select your scene from Film or Television.
Location: Ripley Grier Studios
520 8th Avenue, 16th floor
New York, NY 10018
All cancellations must be made within 48 hours, and will only be accepted via email