on camera auditioning class, focused exclusively on scenes from television, movies and sitcoms
Herman Chaves will meet with each actor and their parent's for an evaluation of the student's individual progress.
What we'll cover:
INTENSE FILM AND TELEVISION MOCK AUDITIONS
• The student will arrive for a mock on-camera audition. Class will be treated just like the real world, where the teacher will become the casting director. The scene will be given in advance, exclusively from film or television. Critiques will be given at the end of each class.
ASSESSING THE SOURCE OF YOUR SPECIFIC AUDITIONING FEARS
- How to avoid choking under pressure
- How to perform your best when it counts the most
- BONUS: The Biggest Mental Mistake made by actors in the audition room
The student will also receive a handout that specifically breaks down and clarifies the types of Fears and Anxieties an actor might be confronted with, AND how to overcome them before the audition. This Manual is theirs to keep for reference.
INTRODUCTION TO SCRIPT ANALYSIS FOR FILM AND TELEVISION AUDITIONS
- How to prepare/what to do when you've been given the scene the night before.
The actor, need's to posses a technique that is simple and to the point. He/she needs a structured way of working that becomes second nature and is NOT in your head.
INTRODUCTION TO COLD READING
- The actors will be introduced to a technique used only when it's a cold read, i.e. you've been given a scene by a casting director, and you only have 5 min to prepare.
THE BUSINESS OF AUDITIONING, THE REAL WORLD VS THEORY
- What the Casting Director is really looking for.
Since actors are in diferent stages in there careers, and I want to inform you as best as I can, I encourage you to bring a lot of questions
Location: Ripley Grier Studios
520 8th Ave 16th fl.
New York, NY 10018
fee is non refundable /non transferable
payment due on or before services rendered